Thursday, March 6, 2014

30 Weeks!

30 Weeks Pregnant with baby #3!  Only 10 left to go.
 
Our little boy is growing and so am I :) 
 
I had my 30 week doctor appointment today and also had another ultrasound.  At our 22 week ultrasound we learned our family would be blessed with another little boy!  We also learned that our little boy had a unilateral cleft lip on the left side.  At first, we were a little taken back because no one ever wants to hear that something is wrong with their unborn child.  However, having had time to take it all in and research it, we know that cleft lip or not, he is still one of God's Masterpieces and we will do whatever we need to for our little man.  The Iowa City Cleft team has already talked with me and sent me some literature.  Lyle and I will try to meet with them before Baby Boy #3 is born so that we can meet them and learn a little bit more about what we will need to do to be ready for baby.
 
Today at the ultrasound everything looked great.  He was measuring 3 1/2lbs which is right where he should be.  I am still amazed at how God can form this little boy and the only thing that is abnormal is his little lip.  We got a couple of pretty good 3D pictures and I think he looks like Jack.  I love his cubby cheeks and cannot wait to kiss them!
 
This is one of the pictures we were able to get.  His hand is a little bit in the way but you can still see his face pretty well and a little glimpse of his cleft lip.
 
 
We are still trying to find the best name to fit our baby boy....luckily we have 10 weeks left.  We have a couple that we like but just can't make a commitment yet. 
 
 Jack and Reid talk a lot about their brother and the baby in my tummy.  I think Reid is ready to be a big brother and Jack tells me all the time about how he will help take care of him.
 
Can't wait to meet you baby boy! We love you lots already!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment