So...I decided (well my mom gave me a look that said, "when your son brings you a diaper, tells you he pooped, and lays down for you to change him, it's time to potty train.") that the time after Christmas was a good time to start potty training. I don't know what it is but as a parent, I think you have to gear up more than your child. It really does take a lot of work, patience, and enthusiasm. I mean, seriously, you have to get just as excited about the potty dance and song from the very first time to the 10th time. Not only that, you have to be thinking "potty" ALL DAY LONG! But it has to happen sometime so I guess now is better than never :)
Our morning started out like this...a naked boy :)
That's how I potty trained Jack and it worked like a charm. Got him naked and watched him like a hawk all day. Lucklily this time I had Jack to help. You see, everytime Reid went potty or even tried, both boys got an M and M! Jack was just as excited as Reid was when he went potty. In fact, we went all morning with no accidents and Reid went potty 5 times!!
Reid was doing so well that I decided to put underwear on him after lunch. Jack helped him pick a pair out and the two of them played together...and no accidents!
In fact, after naptime it was so nice outside that I decided to take the boys out to play. We pottied before we went out and Reid set out to play in clothes and undewear. He played the whole hour and no accidents!
Potty Training Day 1 Wrap Up:
Morning: Naked
Afternoon: Underwear
Late Afternoon and Evening: Underwear and clothes
Successes: 8!
Accidents: 0!!!
Potty Training Day 2 So Far:
Morning: Underwear and Clothes
Afternoon: Underwear and Clothes
Successes: 3!
Accidents: 1
I would say we are off to a good start. In fact, I took the boys to the library and Target this morning and Reid had on underwear and no accidents. He had an accident right before naptime and he told him he had to potty right after he wet and I think was just a little late. I'm hoping that accident helped him to see what it was like to go in his underwear and want to get to the potty in time...but I guess we will see :)
So...here's to gearing up some more enthusiam so I can potty dance a few more times today!
"Reid went pee pee in the potty. Reid went pee pee in the potty. Yahoo!"
(That's our potty song in case you may need it for reference)
Wow cute kids good luck potty training
ReplyDelete