Thursday, August 26, 2010

Oh....Thursday

Today was quite the day! It began on a very good note. I love when Jack wakes up and has great smiles to greet me.

However, the school day was something to be desired. I'm not sure if it's because it is the first full week of school and the kids are extra tired, or if it's because there was full moon but whatever the reason may be, my students were very "crazy" today. They were extra whiny, extra crabby, and really hard to motivate. Let's just say...by 11:00 my associate and I were ready to pull our hair out. The good Lord has blessed me with a lot of patience and luckily it lasted me to the end of the day. Although it was a rough day, there were a few "kindergarten moments" that also helped me to remember why I love my job so much no matter what the students are like.

Here are a few stories:

1. During sharing time, a little girl was sharing her new jean jacket. She said that she got it from JC Penny. A little boy pipes up and says, "Who's that?"

2. Another little boy was having one of many meltdowns that occurred in my room today. He was out in the hallway and I told him that it was about time for math time and that he needed to stop crying because he really didn't have anything to cry about. He proceeded to tell me (with tears still streaming down his face), "I wasn't crying. My eyes were just leaking."

Although my day was a little on the high stress side. It ended just as perfect as it began. Lyle and I love to give Jack his bath because he enjoys it so much! Looking at his cute little face just makes me forget about the day.

God blessed Lyle and I with the most beautiful little baby and this face is what I picture all day long :)


1 comment:

  1. I love this...and HIM so MUCH!! Can he come stay with Aunt Rhonda....I miss him!!!

    ReplyDelete