Sunday, August 15, 2010

What a Weekend!


Our weekend began on Friday night when the Barbers came over for supper and bath time. Ames has been having a lot of water issues lately so Josh, Megan, and Keatin came over to use some water. Megan was able to shower and do a couple of loads of laundry. Keatin also got a bath in with Jack. It was quite a night :)


Keatin and Jack love to play together.

This was so cute! Jack was propped up on the couch and Keatin went right over to him, sat on the pillow, and began to play with him. Here she is playing Pat-a-Cake with Jack. Jack loved it!

Of course she got in a few hugs too :)
Here is Jack in his little robe.
Keatin and Jack in the bath.
On Saturday Lyle and I took a mini vacation to Kansas City. My parents came and stayed with Jack. It was difficult leaving Jack. Lyle and I talked about him while we were gone but we had a great time together. My parents did a wonderful job taking care of Jack for us and we are very thankful that they we able to come. We went to a Royals' baseball game and it was extremely hot out! On Sunday we ate at PepperJax. One of my favorite restaurants and they do not have them in Iowa. I have been looking forward to eating there for a long time.

Here we are at the Royals game. We also got on the Kiss Cam! I think we were both a little surprised to see ourselves pop up on the giant screen but it was kind of neat.
Here I am in front of PepperJax!
Me eating my Steak Philly. MMMMM!
Lyle is enjoying his too!
I think Grandma and Grandpa spoiled Jack while we were gone. That's what grandparents are for I guess. Here is grandpa and Jack taking a little snooze.

It was a very busy weekend but a great one to end my summer vacation with. I start in-service tomorrow and then the kids will start on Thursday. Tomorrow will be Jack's first day at Daycare and I'm a little sad that our summer is ending. I know that Jack will be in good hands while I am working but I know I will miss him greatly! Wish me luck as I drop him off at daycare tomorrow. I may shed a few tears.




No comments:

Post a Comment