Monday, August 8, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

We have had quite a busy couple of weekends. Two weekends ago, our good friends Pat and Sara and their little boy Connor came for a visit. Pat and Lyle got in some golf and Pat helped Lyle to do some painting. Sara and I got to play with they boys. It was so much fun to see them interact with each other. We even took them to the pool which I think they both loved.

After Pat and Sara left, my sister and three nieces came for a few days. They took care of Jack while I was at summer school and even came to school one of the afternoons to help me get my room ready. It was so much fun to have them around and I am so thankful for their help!!!

This past weekend we had two birthday parties on Saturday and used Sunday to just hang out as our little family of three. It was very relaxing. We had a very busy week and a half but it was a very fun time too. Here are some pictures of our busyness.

Jack was pushing Connor around on his car. They were both laughing. It was so cute!

More fun!

Sara, Connor, Me, and Jack (Mommys and our Boys)

Sara, Connor, Me, and Jack exactly one year earlier from the previous picture.
:)

Connor and Jack (one year ago)

Now here they are playing together! They have grown up so much.

Connor and Jack at the wading pool.

Jack and Mommy!

Cousins Megan and Melissa with Jack in the wading pool.

Melissa and Jack just chillin'. I think they might have been watching Mickey Mouse.

Jack with Becker and some other friends at Becker's 1st Birthday Party.

Jack trying to get daddy to share some chips.

We can't forget about that other little boy growing in my tummy. I hit the 3rd trimester mark last week and I can honestly say that this pregnancy has really gone fast. I think we have decided on a name.....Reid Thomas :) I am feeling really great and although I can tell it's a little harder to pick up toys these days, I think I will be able to keep up with my new kindergartners just fine. I have been having braxton hicks contractions for quite a while now but when I mentioned it to my doctor, he didn't seem to concerned. I guess it's just the way my body prepares for labor (although it just went through this not to long ago so I'm not sure how much preparing it thinks it needs to do). Hehe! Anyways, the next couple of months we will spend getting a new room ready for Jack (the big brother!) and getting out all of the baby gear again to prepare for Reid's arrival. I think it will be here before we know it. Here is a belly picture that Lyle took of me tonight. Jack and I had just gotten back from a 2 mile walk :)


Whew! That seemed like a lot of updating but a lot has been going on. Have a great rest of the week :)

1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic, good luck with school starting- I can't imagine having to go full term while still at school! Love the name, too :)

    ReplyDelete