This was my last official weekend of summer vacation :( Although I love my job, I am so going to miss staying home with my little boy. We had a great summer together! We also had a great weekend to end summer vacation.
We spent Friday night golfing in the beautiful weather. Lyle golfed and Jack and I rode along in the golf cart. Being almost 30 weeks pregnant, my belly is getting in the way and I don't want to overdo it so I have decided to retire the golf clubs for the season. Jack enjoyed it and practiced hitting the ball. He'll be beating his mom and dad before we know it.
My parents came down for the day on Saturday and we just spent the day hanging out.
On Sunday, we headed to the Iowa State Fair. It was a great time. Jack LOVED all the animals. No matter what kind of animal we were looking at, he would keep saying, "oooo, ohhh, oooo!" It was so cute. He had a smile on his face the whole time. A few times he even called some of the animals 'Walker.' There were tons of people at the fair but we did manage to run into people we knew. We made sure to meet up with Josh and Joni (some very good friends of ours who live in Chicago) and we found Lyle's aunt Sharon at the information booth :) (and Sandy too :)
Here are some pictures of our weekend.

Getting ready to drive the golf cart for daddy.

Mommy teaching Jack how to swing the golf club.

Playing in the grass.

He loves to drink out of Mommy's water bottle.

Lyle and I were packing things and getting ready to head to the State Fair. We both hadn't heard from Jack in awhile so I went looking for him. This is where I found him. He got the pacifier out of his bed by himself and sat down to read some books :) It never fails...this is where I always find him.
Checking out the pot belly pig.

Love this picture!
Jack also loved to be on Daddy's shoulders. Here they are looking at more horses.
Rehydrating.
Jack and Mommy checking out the baby calf. He almost licked us and Jack thought that was funny.
Passed out...All those animals wore him out.
Our good friend Joni and I. She is due 8 days before me :)
All in all, it was a great way to end the summer vacation. As sad as I am that the summer is ending, I am thankful that I have a job where I got to spend the summer with my little boy and next year I will get to spend it with my boys! I can hardly wait :)
No comments:
Post a Comment