We went in for a regular appointment on Wednesday morning. We had an ultrasound and got to see little active Jack :) He is approximately 3lbs 9oz and is too big to fit his whole body on the screen now! He stretched, wiggled his fingers, and even yawned for us a couple of times. Everything looked great, however, they did discover that I do have a little too much fluid which is why I measured too big.
We went to see the doctor and he did not seem to concerned about the excess fluid but said we would keep an eye on it. However, one thing led to another, and after they hooked me up to a monitor and I had 4 contractions in 15 minutes and was dilated 1 cm, the doctor decided to send me over to the hospital for more observations.
They tried a few things to get the contractions to slow down but they didn't work so they had to put me on a magnesium drip. That did slow the contractions but it made me feel horrible! I didn't make any more progressions when it came to being in labor so they slowly took me off the magnesium and sent us home at noon today.
My instructions are to "take it easy" this weekend. I will go in again on Monday for him to check me and if all goes well....I can go back to work on Tuesday! YAY!
Through all this, Lyle has kept busy trying his best to make me comfortable and still run a painting business which is up and running with all of this wonderful weather.
Thank you to all of you who sent prayers our way over the last couple of days. They worked :)
We hope to post some pictures of Easter weekend and a few of Jack that we got at our last ultrasound but the internet is being very temperamental and we will have to wait until Lyle or I can figure out how to make it work better.
No comments:
Post a Comment