Last weekend we headed to Kansas City for our Annual Trolley Run with Lyle's parents and their friends, Duane and Janet. Lyle has been busy with roofing in Omaha so his parents came down on Friday night so they could take me and the boys to Kansas City on Saturday. Lyle met us there later in the afternoon.
We went to the Crown Center first to have some lunch and then to the Sea Life Adventures Aquarium. We ate a restaurant that had trains going all around the ceiling. Not only were they trains, but the trains also brought your food to your table. Needless to say, the boys were in awe!
Here are our two little engineers :)
Sitting in a train car waiting to be seated at our table.
We then headed to Sea Life Adventures. We had bought the tickets last year but didn't have time to go. Luckily, the tickets didn't expire yet so we used them up. Since we had never been there before, I wasn't quite sure what to do about taking a stroller. As we were waiting in line to go in, I asked the lady in front of me and she suggested that the boys could walk. She said there were lots of things on their level. Donna, Arlyn, and I were busy watching the boys but I'm glad I didn't get a stroller. They both had a great time and were able to take it all in. Here are some pictures.
There was a touch pool so Jack got to put his hands in the water and touch a star fish :)
Both boys were asleep before we made it out of the parking ramp.
The boys taking a ride in the middle of the mall while we went to pick up our registration packets for the Trolley Run.
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of us from the race but it was a beautiful morning for a run. Last year it was raining but this year it was the total opposite. The boys did great! After the run, we showered up and went out for lunch before heading back home. The weather was gorgeous so we let the boys run around outside before we got in the truck for a 3 hour ride. Reid was having a blast!
It was a great weekend and I'm very thankful that Lyle's parents drove us to Kansas City so I didn't have to drive alone with the boys and so that we could ride back home with Lyle.
















No comments:
Post a Comment