This weekend we headed to Kansas City to run in the Trolley Run. We have done the run for the past few years. We met Lyle's parents down there and got to spend some time with them.
On the day of the race (Sunday) it was rainy and wet. Luckily is was not too cold out and I was prepared for the rain. I got a rain cover for our double stroller (it arrived in the mail on Thursday) and it was so worth it! The boys stayed dry and warm and were very well behaved. We had one minor mishap on our 4 mile run. About a 1/2 mile into the run, Jack started whining and trying to get out of the stroller. He usually loves to ride in the stroller so I couldn't figure out what his problem was. However, he had dropped his blanket and it was somewhere behind us. The good Daddy he is- Lyle ran back a few blocks and recovered the blanket. All was good and we finished all four miles together. I was pretty proud of myself for running all four miles!
Jack had a blast riding the escalator with Grandpa and Reid gave
Grandma some good smiles this weekend. Even though the race was rainy,
we had a great time! I'm not sure what I was doing all weekend but the
only picture I got was of Jack on one of the little rides he was
playing on in the middle of the mall.
No comments:
Post a Comment