Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend- 2012

Labor weekend was a very much needed repreive from a very busy week.  Last week I had extra cheerleading things and Lyle was extremely busy with his business.  I felt like I hardly got to see Lyle or the boys all week.  I couldn't wait for the weekend to get here.

This was the first Labor Day weekend that we didn't spend in Sheldon.  Although we missed the parade and other activities, we had a great weekend just hanging out at home!!


Oh and let me mention that I had all the cleaning and laundry done...according to my cleaning schedule (I'll share that on a later post) and I also had all my school work caught up so I didn't bring any home.  I had the whole weekend ready to be devoted to our family!!! 

Our Saturday started off with some playing.  

 Jack driving his tractor with his helmet on :)

Reid and Mommy! 

Jack on his Red Car...and the helmet :) 

Reid took a turn on the Red Car too! 

The boys in the cart on one of our 3 trips to Target this weekend.  Ha! (By the way, I learned from my friend Amy that Target gives free cookies to kids.  So the boys got a cookie each time!)


Waiting for mommy to get ready for church.  Lyle helped our good friends Josh and Megan move on Sunday morning so the boys and I went to church with just the three of us. 

Reid was ready for his Sunday afternoon nap. 

The boys in the grocery cart.  They love this cart!

On Labor Day, Lyle took a half a day off and spent the morning at the Blank Park Zoo.  Let me tell you, my wonderful hubby has been so busy this week and we are so proud of how hard he works for the family but we were also so excited to spend the day (well, most of it!) with him. 

 The boys ready to go in the zoo.

Jack checking out the otter.  I think this might have been his favorite because the otter just kept doing circles right by the window and Jack was laughing every time.  It was so cute! 

Jack is a baby kangaroo!! 

The zoo wore him out!

I wish I would have gotten a few more pictures but we were so busy checking out all of the animals before the rain came that I just forgot to take them.

If you ask Jack what he saw at the zoo, he will first say "giraffes" and "they have a long neck."  The next thing he will say he saw was a train.  I think that kid is going through withdrawal since we don't see trains every day like we used to at our old house.  We didn't have a chance to ride the train but that will be on the top of our list next time.

The rest of our day we just spent playing some more! 

Jack trying to put a sock on Reid.  Such a nice big brother. 

Reid reading a book in Jack's bed. 

Reid giving the baby a kiss.  He loves to read books with babies in them and always gives them kisses.

Thanks for the great weekend boys and Lyle!  It was relaxing and fun and I am refreshed and ready to go back to school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment