Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cleaning Schedule



More time with my family!

That was the goal of using a cleaning schedule.  With Cheerleading and school taking up so much of my time, I wanted to make sure that my family (and my house) weren't suffering.  I am kind of OCD when it comes to having a clean house.  I like things to be put away and "stuff" to be clean.  It just makes me less crabby when I can come home to a house that is somewhat put together.  I used to spend all of Saturday cleaning the house and missing out on time with the boys.  I don't want to spend all of my family time cleaning.

So, I saw an idea on Pinterest that got me started.  I have adjusted my schedule a few times but think I now have what works best for me.  There are things to do each morning and evening but nothing on the weekend.  I often spend 45 minutes or so after the boys go to bed doing the chores for that day but it makes it SO worth it when I don't have to do anything on the weekend and I can devote all my time to the family.  The other thing I really like about it is that I don't have one day where I completely clean the house but rather do a little every day so it somewhat feels like a "clean house" most of the time.

Here is a picture of the cleaning schedule that is currently hanging on my fridge.  The magnets help to remind me why I do some cleaning each night:  

More time with family!!

Not sure if you can read it very well but you get the idea :)
If you really want to use it, I will gladly email it.

If you don't use a cleaning schedule, I highly recommend it.  I can say it has really helped me feel less stressed about my house and really look forward to weekends with my boys.

Have a great Friday!!





3 comments:

  1. Good set up, I have tried a schedule in the past and it just didn't stick. Could you e-mail me yours, I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO copying your schedule- pretty much right down to the last letter on the page! Plus, I'm going to make Jerod help me....we'll see how that goes, haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebekah- I just e-mailed you the list.
    Mary-Sounds good! Jerod can thank me later :) Actually, Lyle does help out. I will put clothes in the washer and if he comes home for lunch or gets home before I do, he will start it for me and put it in the dryer so all I have to do is fold it. Also, he is really good about helping clean up the kitchen after supper so we don't have too much to do after the kids go to bed. I will admit, some nights I really don't feel like doing whatever the "chore" is for the night but not having to do anything on the weekend makes it so worth it! It is so nice to look forward to playing on Saturday instead of cleaning and doing laundry like I used to. Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the schedule.

    ReplyDelete