I'm not sure where the summer has gone but today is my last official day of summer vacation. Tomorrow I go back to school, the boys start at their new daycare, and life will get a little more busy.
To be honest, I am so full emotions as I think about today being our last day of summer vacation:
Excited: To start my new job teaching first grade
Nervous: To start my new job teaching first grade
Sad: To not be able to spend all day long with my little boys
Relieved: That I know the boys will be going to a great day care where they will have fun and be loved.
Egger: To get back to a schedule and daily routine
Worried: That the boys may have a hard time adjusting to a new schedule.
Afraid: That I may not be able to handle all that is on my plate with a new classroom and cheerleading.
Reassured: That I know Lyle will help out with the boys and around the house to make this transition easier.
**To be honest, I'm not looking forward to going to sleep tonight because I know everything will be different in the morning.
Calm: Knowing that God will take all of these emotions and take care of it all. I need to remember that:
Phil. 4:13 "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
Change is always difficult (especially for me) but I know that Lyle, the boys, and I will all transition together.
Here are a few pictures of our summer!
Reid and Jack watching some Mickey Mouse on mommy and daddy's bed while mommy gets ready.
Reid got a big boy carseat!
Jack, Keatin, and Will enjoying some popsicles.
Keatin and Reid
Jack fell asleep on the couch. The summer heat was exhausting :)
My three boys!
Jack tried sweetcorn for the first time.
He loved it!
Reid driving Daddy's truck.
Jack in Daddy's truck. (I'm going to look for the picture but Jack looks exactly like a little Lyle here)
Sometimes big brothers can be such a pain. I love Reid's face here!
Ok..much better
Daddy helping Jack bowl.
Jack watching his bowling bow. He loved to go bowling!
Reid loved watching everyone bowl :)
Me and my boys
Happy Little Reid!
Summer Vacation may be over but that doesn't mean we won't have plenty more time to have fun together. Good bye Summer!!










I think many of us mommies have the same mix of feelings! Good luck on your new school year and the many more fun times. Thanks for sharing, your little boys are cuties.
ReplyDeleteGood luck in Ankeny, I know Jerod really enjoyed having lunch with you and the other kindergarten teachers- I always got the scoop on some of your funny topics of discussion :) Take care, we'll be keeping up with you via blog!
ReplyDelete