This summer Jack has done some major growing up. There were a few things I wanted to help him transition with the summer and I'm proud to say he has successfully accomplished all three!
Goal 1: Get rid of the Pacifier
Jack only used his pacifier during nap time and at night but I knew it needed to go. In May, I started clipping the tip of the pacifier every few days. One night he didn't even ask for it so we never offered it to him. It was the same the next night. And that was the end of the pacifier! I don't think we could have had an easier time. Yay Jack!
Goal 2: Transition to a Big Boy Bed (AKA Toddler Bed)
When we moved to our new house we decided to just turn Jack's crib into a toddler bed. Jack seemed pretty excited about it right away. The first night he was a little hesitant and Lyle and I took our time to assure him that we knew it was a new house and a new bed but that it was all part of being a big boy. I'm pretty sure the first couple of nights he spent more time on the floor but has sense adjusted very well and is extremely proud of his new bed!
Goal 3: Potty Train
I tried to start potty training at the beginning of June and Jack wanted nothing to do with it. Much to my dismay, I just dropped the whole thing and only had him use the potty occasionally when he wanted to. Finally, in July I decided to try again. This time I let him run around naked all day. I must say that this worked great for Jack. It only took but a couple of times of me watching him closely and rushing him to the potty as soon as I saw he needed to go. After that, he would run to the potty himself! A big Thanks to my niece Molly and Lyle's Mom for helping me to keep up the potty training. I had cheer camp for four days straight and they both came to watch the boys and kept up the potty training with Jack. It was an adjustment to learn how to use underwear but I think I can positively say we are Potty Trained!!!! (with a few accidents here and there)
Jack- Mommy and Daddy are so proud of You and all that you accomplished this summer. However, it is a little scary as to how quickly you are growing up! We love you so much!
Here is a little video I took of Jack a few weeks ago. He was into saying his ABC's as fast as he could :)
No comments:
Post a Comment