Monday, September 1, 2014

Jack Says...

These past few weeks Jack has said some things that I don't want to forget.  So the best place to put them is on our blog.  I just love the way he is learning new things and I can always tell his little brain is working hard to understand this big world around him.

Jack Says #1
"Mom, when you're done being married to dad, I'm going to marry you because I love you all the way to Disney World"

Jack Says #2
Jack: Dad can I have some pop.
Lyle:  No, it's almost time for bed.
Jack:  Mom, can I have some pop.
Me:  What did your dad say?
Jack:  Uh, I should have asked you first.
:)

Jack Says #3
I feel like this one needs a little explanation.  When we say our prayers at bedtime, one of the things the boys say is, "please help me obey my mom and dad."  We have talked about what it means to obey and lately Jack has been asking more questions which has led to talking about sinning, how Jesus died for our sins, and how Jesus rose up and now is in heaven.  I've tried my best to explain all of these complicated topics in the best way I can for his little 4 year old mind.  However, after this next conversation I realized two things: 1- Jack is beginning to understand, 2-We may have a little more understanding to do.

Jack:  Mom, can I have another piece of candy.
Me:  No, you just had one but you can have another piece later.
Jack:  Okay
Me:  Jack is makes mommy smile when you obey right away.
Jack:  Now Jesus doesn't have to die!





No comments:

Post a Comment