Monday, March 21, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Tonight we had our first night of Parent/Child Aquatic Lessons. It is through the Ames Park and Rec and goes every Monday and Wednesday from 6:30-7:00 for the next four weeks. It was something my friend, Megan, mentioned to me. She was signing her daughter up and thought Jack might like it too. It was fun to watch Jack and Lyle swimming together. I think I will get my turn to swim with him too, but for now I think it's a great Daddy/Son activity.

At first, Jack was not very excited about the water. For the first 10 minutes he clung to Lyle and had a very sad face. After he got use to the water, he started kicking and splashing and had a great time. Here are some pictures of Jack's first swimming lesson.


Jack clinging to Lyle. He's not quite ready for the water yet.


Still not ready.



I'm not quite sure if you can tell, but Jack is pulling his legs up and trying to keep them out of the water....still not liking the water.



Doesn't even like it on his back.



Daddy telling Jack that the water is fun. I think Jack is ready to give it another go :)




Daddy was right! The water can be fun. Keatan is also having a great time with her Daddy!




Kicking and swimming!




Daddy and Jack singing, "The Wheels on the Bus."




Jumping in and out of the water.



Jack and Daddy! What a great night of swimming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment